Re: Refills lto sponge or not to sponge Was (was accelerated...)

I have run my 1520 for weeks with no sponge at all.

The reason the sponge is there is mainly to reduce the ink from being turned
into froth as the printheads move back and forth. Ok it might also help
regulate the ink flow from the cartridge too.

                             Now please read this carefully!

I used mini liquid adapters made from 3CC syringes.

This allowed me to measure the ink flow when printing.

I did not use the cartridges to hold ink

I used the 3cc syringe mounted right to the ink spike in the Carriage.

It worked great as I could hold enough ink to print several pages and I used
a eye dropper to fill the sringes that were in the carriage.

I used this refill method before I perfected a vacumm refill system that I
use today.

Hey I just wanted to confirm that you can operate the printers using a liquid
feed without a sponge to regulate ink flow..

The small liquid feed system can print about 3 to 4 x 10 photos before
refilling and all you do is refill by eye dropper it takes about 30 seconds
per color.

I also removed the blue cartridge lock down clamps they snap right out and
back in 15 seconds.

This way I could see the ink levels without stopping!

Hey maybe some of you guys out there would like this? No vacuum no sponge and
no refill kit as such? Post it here!

Hey any of you out are into sublimation ink jet printing? New inks and tee
shirts are now available that make this a really great process! It has been
used for Coffee mugs

Sublimation is a way to make fabric transfers without using a seperate "Iron
on transfer sheet" the ink is directly bonded to the fabric and it will not
fade!

You can also sublimate metal wood and plastics it is a super process that
impregnates the ink below the surface into a coated item!

Custom titles are a great Item to offer!

I do not post on the sublimation list ,it is dead and has been for months!

Custom sublimation inprinting is a hot market that you might consider. But
you have to use sublimation inks that cost $$ so a dedicated printer is
needed. Post it here but please no flames we Epsons users should share
information on this forum as it is the best in the world!

                                          Tomcat

                                   Interactive Imagery