Re: New Thoughts

> James and Christiane
>
> Sorry Christiane but you "freely traduced" went over my head,

Sorry, I meant freely translated..

As you may have noted, my mother tongue isn't English, in fact it is French,
so I find it rather comical when so many English speaking men are trying to
tell to a French speaking woman how French words have to be pronounced.
I've checked the dictionary for the phonetic before writing it down for the list;
then another woman was kind enough to add some official net transcriptions
for the phonetical signs..

Mais Oh !  Genial ! puisque il y a autant de nieres qui causent francais ici.. la
prochaine fois je me casse plus pour ecrire en Anglais.

> BUT -----
>
> "Giclee" not that I speak very much French with apologies to all -  but
> this is how I was taught to pronounce it
>
> "GJeee"  which should sound like the song by M.Chevalier  Gi - Gi etc. -
> or a childs name for a horse - assuming the child has a gap in its front
> teeth and you are not old enough to remember Chevalier.
>

> "Clays" - as in moulded hardmud - putty  - artists mediumetc.
>
> i.e. Gjeeee-Clays = giclees
>
> Tres bien! -non?
>
> John ( Piere) Heaton from Upover.
> -
> Please: Stay on topic. Trim quoted messages.
> http://www.leben.com/lists for list instructions.

Christiane Roh
rohcris@vtx.ch
http://www.multimania.com/lunebleue
C'est toujours a l'imparfait de l'objectif
Que tu conjugues le verbe photographier (Jacques Prevert)