Re: And none of those epson prints...

Raphael Bustin wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, J. Arthur Davis wrote:
>
> > The other thing that makes this new technology so great is people get
> > tired of the same image hanging on their walls after a while. The inkjet
> > process is inexpensive enough that the masses can afford to hang art on
> > their walls. When they get tired of a print they go back to the artist
> > and purchase new prints. I read somewhere that an average print hangs on
> > a wall for about 8 years then it is replaced. You know, new paint new
> > decorating new prints. If a person paid thousands and thousands of
> > dollars for a print it won't be changed, but if they paid a couple of
> > hundred it doesn't hurt as much to move it to another room and replace
> > it.
> >

> Good point, Jim.  This is one aspect of the "print longevity"
> debate that's not mentioned much.
>
> I'm not Picasso, and I'm not making prints for kings and queens.
> Mostly pictures to please myself, my family, my guests, those
> that receive my prints as gifts, and the few (so far) who see
> my prints at a show and decide to buy them.
>
> I have far more images available to view than I have wall space
> on which to display them.  So the Epson prints get rotated a lot --
> every couple of months, and/or whenever the mood strikes me.  Why look
> at the same picture for a year, when there are dozens (hundreds?)
> more that haven't been "shown" yet?
>
> rafe b.

And besides that, if you put enough prints on your walls your wife won't
make you repaint the walls (the color won't fade) and that will give you
much more time to play with the toys we all so enjoy. ;-]

Jim Davis
www.visual-artists.com
**   Tips on Refilling, Refill Kits, Archival Ink, Cartridges, Paper **
**   Order On-Line  http://www.missupply.com  Save $$$$     **
**   MIS ASSOCIATES, INC   800-445-8296   Kits Ship Free!   **