Re: Green Tint On Aged B&W Prints/Searching The Epson Archives

Gregory Leiber wrote:

> I happened to find some B&W prints that were two-three months old and
> noticed what were once neutral looking prints have now developed a
> green tint.  These are work prints that were printed on Epson "High
> Quality" Ink Jet Paper and I used a quadtone setting and color Epson
> inks.  They were essentially in dark storage.  Will I run into this
> if I use a higher quality paper like  "GlossyFilm?"  I recall that
> color tints are sometimes a problem when printing B&W using the color
> inks but I don't remember any  posts regarding a tint developing
> after a period of time.

> Greg
> -
The tint was caused by accelerated magenta fading. The Epson OEM inks
fade over time, and to make the problem worse, the magenta fades at a
faster rate than the other colors.
If you used true quad tone black inks I do not think you would have any
problem. Epson inks are prone to fading, particularly the magenta. If
you are doing B&W I would buy quad tone black inks.

John Goerger
www.weber-valentine.com
Toll Free 1-800-323-9642 USA ONLY
1-847-439-7111 Fax: 1-847-439-6887