Re: Rip, just another rip-off or money well spent?

> For $250, you get a damned nice printer, plus software,
> from Epson.  RIP vendors only have to supply the
> software.  You're telling me they can't get adequate
> profits at $250 a pop?  If the quality and *utility*
> of such a thing were apparent to us amateurs, there
> would almost certainly be a sufficient market to make
> such a thing profitable.

rafe b.

Rafe:
As I mentioned, the higher priced rips are only designed for commercial
use. There are a tremendous amount of capabilities in a rip.

As you mentioned you purchased low priced rips and they were not worth
the cost. The old adage says you get what you pay for.

For my type of work $1000 to $1500 is not out of line, but 3,000 + is
even pushing it for my budget.

Jim Davis
www.visual-artists.com
-