Subject: Re: Rip, just another rip-off or money well spent?

Rafe writes,
<<Even at that price, the cost of a RIP is way out of line
for those of us in the "amateur" or "hobbyist" category,
particularly considering that the printer(s) being driven
often cost a small fraction of that amount.  I'm talking
about personal, non-commercial situations here.>>

It would be interesting -- and maybe enlightening -- to know how many people
on this list are using Epsons for printing what (excuse the following
categories if they aren't exactly appropriate):  amateur/hobbyist (in digital
art/photography),   professional photographer (wedding, portrait, etc.),
fine-art photographer (landscapes, wildlife, etc.), fulltime fine artist
(digital drawing/painting/collage or scanning oil paintings/watercolors,
etc.), graphic designer, people printing maps. blueprints, plots, etc....I
get the feeling that we are sometimes comparing apples, oranges, mangoes, and
blueberries...Has there ever been an informal survey of the group?

Pat
-