Re: Fotonic Lyson Inkset

Jerry Olson wrote:

> C David:
>
> are the Fotonic inks available now for the Epson 1200? I just got a
> batch of 10 prints from Lyson in England. These inks are fantastic. As
> brilliant as Epson inks, even on the good watercolor papers. They sent
> samples of prints on Lyson papers. Although I could never afford these
> beautiful papers, I have no doubt that they will perform extremely well
> on less expensive brands.
>
> Jerry
> -
> Please: Stay on topic. Trim quoted messages.
> http://www.leben.com/lists for list instructions.

Jerry:
What's expensive? Even if it costs $5.00 per sheet if you are re-selling
them at a profit what does it matter what the paper cost. If you are
doing this as a hobby then that is another matter.

I also saw someone post that the Fotonic inks cost over $400.00. That is
a lot of money, but a set of archival inks from HP for their 2500 and
3500 printers is over $900.00. For the casual user that is expensive,
but then a casual user doesn't spend $15000.00 for an HP 3500.

BTW. I got a quote for a 9000 fully loaded for $16,000. That did not
include the ink. You would think for that kind of money they would
include ink. That's like buying a new car without the engine. They also
said I could be high on the list for the printer if I sent them a
deposit. Oh Yea!

Jim Davis
www.visual-artists.com