|[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
I just got ColorBlind Prove It! for use with Windows 98. I have found an installation bug that was a problem for me, and may be for other Windows 98 users. I don't know if it is a problem on a Mac. There is a very easy work around for the bug! When I try to install Prove It! from the CD-ROM, it fails to install. I think the problem is that the install filename ColorBlind¨ Prove It!.exe has an unacceptable character in the name. If I copy the file from the CD-ROM to my harddrive so that I can rename the filename, remove the ¨ symbol in the file name, then double click on the new file name, it installs just fine. The problem appears to be the registered trademark symbol (¨) that you may not even be able to see in this ASCII message. Just tonight I sent an email to ColorBlind telling about the problem and solution. They have not authorized me to send this message to the Epson and Colorsync listserver, but I though I'd try to get this info out as fast as possible to save people frustration and support phone calls. The product looks pretty cool. Steve Bye - Please: Stay on topic. Trim quoted messages. http://www.leben.com/lists for list instructions.