Re: Photoshop 5.5

5.5 is not shipping (quite) yet.

As for the LE->5.5 pricing, it sounds like the rep was confused because
Adobe has announced that we'll be selling LE retail (it was previously only
available in OEM bundles) for an estimated street price of $99, with an
upgrade to the full version costing $499.
(<http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/HTML/9906/990617.PSLEa
nn.html>)

However all OEM bundle upgrade prices will be honored. If your printer came
with a copy of LE and a piece of paper that says "upgrade to full Photoshop
for $299", then that's the price for an upgrade to the current full version
(which is now 5.5 even though it won't ship for a few days yet). There's no
game of "well that was 5.0, the price is $499 for 5.5" going on. I don't
know about the next day shipping; that may have been a "sorry we jerked you
around".

Russell Williams
-