RE: Ink fading on prints

Judy said:
>                                                  My very favorite
>right now is Tedlar, DuPont just released a 1 mil laminate that is wonderful.
> You can't even tell it is there it is so thin, yet it is graffiti proof, has
>UV protection and obviously protects against water.

  I made a rear window from thicker Tedlar for my sportscar and it survived
California desert sun for years without coloration or deterioration. Very
impressive stuff. But I know it was also suggested for use in construction of
solar water heaters, where the point is to have the window pass as much UV/Vis
as possible and retain IR. So I'm wondering whether Tedlar's UV "protection"
means:
  1) the Tedlar survives UV light well (by passing it through), or
  2) the Tedlar absorbs UV light and does not allow it to pass through.  ---Ken

-