[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
  Web www.spinics.net

Draw down bar

At 10:00 AM 7/5/99 -0400, Jim wrote:
>A "draw down bar" has been mentioned several times. What does it look
>like and how is it used. I am familiar with silk screens and the
>squeegees you use for it. Are you talking about the same thing?

Alternative photo printers often use either a glass rod, or a similar
device (whose name I can't recall) which is a rod with wire spiralled
around its length, to coat their emulsion  onto paper.  With the glass rod
(available at Bostick & Sullivan, <http://www.bostick-sullivan.com>) the
pressure controls the thickness of the coating.  With the other doohickey,
the thickness of the wire (or more accurately, the thickness of the space
between the spiralled wire) controls the coating thickness.  These are used
by chemists, I gather, and available at chemical supply houses, or perhaps
Edmund's Scientific (whose URL I do not know).

Mitch Valburg

** Endura-LE Archival Cartridges for Epson 1520/3000 Printers. **
**New! Refill Kits for Stylus Color 900, Stylus Photo 750, 1200**
**Cartridges, bulk ink, & refill kits at http://www.WeInk.com/ **

[Photo]     [Yosemite News]    [Yosemite Photos]    [Scanner]     [Gimp]     [Gimp] Users

Powered by Linux