Re: Digital Cameras

Don Montalvo wrote:

> Vicki G. Ralls <vralls@ceridwen.fremont.ca.us> wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure what a Lambda print is.
>
> <http://home.earthlink.net/~dmjgraphics/Durst_Lambda_130.html>
>
> >But I have had Lightjet prints made and I have been shocked.
> >They are the most beautiful prints I've ever seen and archival
> >to boot!

Same idea, different machine. The Lambda photographic laser printer is
made by Durst and sold here in the states by Kodak, and maybe several
other distributors.

It uses three lasers (RGB) to burn colored light onto photographic
paper. It gives you super sharp images from edge to edge. Something that
is almost impossible with standard enlargers.

This machine is not designed for the casual user. At the price range,
with all related software and computer power to run it, you could easily
outlay 1/2 million dollars. Only the very large labs can afford this
type of equipment. Unless your client really demands photographic
quality output in their work you can do as good with an Epson 9000, a
Roland, a Colorspan, or several other large format printers.

Jim Davis
www.visual-artists.com/paper