Re: Newbie help on printer choice, follow-up

Pat - I am at a similar decision  point regarding the 1200 and 3000. I can
tell you the 3000 does show a definite dot in some light and transition
areas on photographic paper. The dot is quite noticeable to me but I am
picky. You do not see the same dot on the 1200 but then 1200 is somewhat
less crisp than the 3000. Perhaps another drawback of the 3000 is its
size... huge. But I am sold on the large individual ink tanks of the 3000
and the availability of archival inks. The 1200's one tank system is rather
wasteful and expensive by comparison.  Can you tell me more about the
"muddy green" problem... is that the inks or the paper? So at this moment I
am pretty much convinced the 3000 is the way to go. I can only imagine I
will be replacing it in another 12-18 months by something better.

I too am on a Mac... with 400 MB of RAM. I am sure the 128MB you have will
be fine for printing but any image manipulation would benefit from more.
Also, I am sure you have seen the dialogue over CDR drives. I have one and
couldn't imaginee using anything else for archiving my photos.

mike

-