Re: 750 ink cartridge vs. 700 cartridge

At 10:21 PM 6/30/99 -0400, Peter Tattersall wrote:

>As an aside:
>About twenty years ago I had a small darkroom at home where I processed
>colour prints, but I had to shut down when I changed houses. Somehow
>photography was never quite the same, and my output dwindled almost to
>nothing. Photoshop got me started working with images again, but the lack of
>quality output still held me back. The combination of the 750 and the Nikon
>has pulled me all the way back in. Ain't progress grand?!

I try to restrain myself from "me-too" responses, but
Peter describes my own situation pretty closely.  Back
in high school I used to shoot a roll of Tri-X every
single day, develop the film after school, and make
prints after supper.  [The life of a yearbook photo-
grapher.]

We did a little Cibachrome work as well, but mostly
B & W; color printing was just a bit too tough, and
too expensive.

My film scanner and my Epson have changed all that.

The next step, ironically, will be to approach B & W
work again, via digital means.  For that I'll need
another Epson (maybe a used 800?) to try out the
infamous Dan Culbertson Quad Tone techniques.

rafe b.

During July purchase four boxes or rolls of ANY MEDIA in ANY SIZE and
receive the 5TH FREE. Concorde Rag, Liege and more!!! MIS and Lysonic
Archival Inks Now in stock!! 888-786-8832:  http://www.dygraphics.com