Re: Medium format scans?

At 04:44 PM 6/29/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm new to this list and Epson inkjet printing, and am enjoying the
>information freely available here.
>
>My primary interest is in printing my landscape photography on both
>photo and non-photo papers. I shoot primarily on medium format
>(Pentax 67) using negative color film. I'd like to hear some
>recommendations for sources of MF scans.

This topic has been discussed at length over
the last few days...  The following URL:

http://www.egroups.com/list/epson-inkjet/

is an archive of this listserv; you might be
able to search that for the info you're
after.

As I recall, there was a general feeling
that the available film scanners for medium-
format were somewhat of a disappointment.

OTOH, I looked up the specs for Polaroid's
Sprintscan 45, and that model has 2000 x 4000
dpi scanning for 6x6 and 6x7 cm media, which
should give you a decent image to work with.

I wasn't able to find the price on this unit,
though.  Other vendors to check out:  Nikon,
Microtek, Minolta, maybe others...

rafe b.