Re: Newbie help with choice of Epson printer

Hi Sam, and everyone,
I was going to wait a day or so before responding, to see if any more people
wanted to offer suggestions for me. I really appreciate the generous and
thoughtful comments by Jerry, Jim, and Ben, as well as Sam. To answer Sam, I
really meant it, "NEWBIE," :-) and have not considered any printer BUT Epson,
because I was gathering that Epson seems to be the in-studio industry
standard...especially the 3000.  That is, there are various archival inks and
papers that will work with it, it will print in various sizes, and lots of
other artists are using this printer to do what I want to do with it, so I
can probably can get advice when needed.  Plus, it seems to be popular enough
that Epson will continue to support this printer.  So, no, I haven't checked
out the Alps printers and can't add anything that would help you. (As far as
sharpness of printed text, my text would be text I had scanned into Photoshop
for printing out as a graphics file, not a text file, anyway, if that makes a
difference.)  If you find out more though, please post what you learn.

I want to also get back to Jerry and Ben and Jim, and will do that when I
have absorbed and considered the points they made and formulated a couple
more questions. Thanks again to all of you.  I really appreciate the
generosity and expertise of the folks on this list.
Pat