Re: Epson 3000 streaking problem

Jerry Olson wrote:

> Joseph, Thanks, that took care of the problem for now, but what of the
> future? This should NOT be happening. There are many times when I would
> want to set a stack of paper in the machine and just run 20 or so
> prints, and I do NOT want to have to sit at the printer and do this
> manually.  I will call epson soon and see what they have to say about
> it.
>
> Jerry

Jerry;
Check your paper grain. It should run parallel with your feed roller.
that way it makes the turn around the roller and feeds without any
problems.

To check the grain of a heavy piece of paper: Hold it up by the edge and
see which way it curls the easiest. If you place your index fingers at
the edge of the left and right side then observe the paper to see if it
curls down. Then rotate the paper 90 degrees and try it again. Which
ever way the paper curls the easiest that is the grain direction. Feed
your paper into the printer this way.