Re: Need newbie help with choice of Epson printer!

Vicki G. Ralls wrote:

> >Yes you will. On the 1200 it will be even sharper!
>
> Could you please tell me what is the 1200? Is it a model of printer?

Yes, it is the EX's replacement.

> >Fotonic Archival inks will have the Gamut of the Epson inks, and be
> >archival for 25-30 years. They will be in the United states in
> >September. or you can order from England where they are available now.
>
> I checked the website for Fotonic, it appears that they are part of lyson?
> Are the Fotonic Inks then the next generation of Lysonic Inks?

They're an additional set for photographers and designers who need the
full color gamut, and are satisfied with a 30 year longevity instead of
the 100 years that the less brilliant inks provide

> I'm also considering a new printer. I have a EX right now. I have been
> looking at
> the 3000 (for the print quaity) and also the ENcad Croma 24 (for shear
> size). Both
> are about $2000.

The encad is Terrible for quality. It only prints at 300 DPI. Grain like
you've never seen before. More for banners or signs, not fine art.

The industry standard for people in our price range IS the Epson 3000.
Most people are delighted with the quality of its prints, at 1440 and
with Epson's Gamut of inks.