Re: Slide Show

Ken Rubin wrote:

> >If you don't want to spend a great amount of time making fancy slides
> >Microsoft's Power Point is by far the best slide show creation tool
> >available.
> >
> >Some may argue, but I'll stand behind this statement. I have been
> >creating slide shows for over 30 years and Power Point made slide show
> >production so easy a 5th grader can create slides as good as a corp.
> >designer.
>
> Might be true. But I never will let Microsoft off the hook when they build
> on some other program and then just rename it--in this case Aldus
> Persuasion. At the Mac show in January the Microsoft Word rep actually
> admitted that they simply took Lotus 1-2-3 and added a few things here and
> there and packaged it is as Excel. He also said that doing so was almost
> the same as creating the program from scratch.
>
> That's how PowerPoint was born.

> Ken Rubin
> Garden Wall Graphics
> Struggling Epsonologist
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Please: Stay on topic. Trim quoted messages.
> http://www.leben.com/lists for list instructions.

Ken:
I am in business to make a living for my family, my employees, and
myself. I will use any tool that will help me accomplish this end. I
don't get hung up on what Microsoft did to create their products.

I don't really like Free Lance Graphics Programs, but I use them. There
are certain things it will do that other programs don't.

Loose the hang-ups and I'll meet you on the beach.

Jim Davis
www.visual-artists.com