Fwd: Software creating output?

I was wondering if anyone has experienced
significant differences in output quality of
printed pages depending on what software is used
to print the scanned image to an Epson photo
printer.

For instance - will Photoshop give better results
printing the same picture than say Paintshop Pro or
is in entirely dependent on the Epson drivers?

I'm wondering if some of the dithering I'm seeing
are actually artifacts created by PSP when scaling
to the size of the page.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on the best photo
weight paper for the Epson, I'd love to hear them.
So far it looks like the Epson brand papers are the
best but prone to fading.

Finally, if anyone knows of sources of archival
quality
inks for the Epson Photo 700 please let me know.

My apologies if these questions are all FAQs - is
there
an FAQ for the list?

Thanks in advance,
Rob