Search Epson Archive

Re: Status Monitor Locking Me Out!

Nice try Bob. There was one item there that I deleted. I then reinstalled and
printed, same problem.

--- Bob Frost <bobfrost@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> In that case, Seth's suggestion of checking the Registry for remaining
> Status Monitor left-overs is the next step. You say you don't like messing
> with the Registry, but with Win XP you can hardly go wrong. Just set up a
> new System Restore checkpoint before you start (so you can revert to it if
> you don't like the result of your changes). Then Run Regedit. Click on My
> Computer at the top and then on Edit/Find; enter STM3, and click on Find
> Next. It will then go all through the Registry looking for STM3 entries;
> when it stops and highlights one, just press the delete button. Then press
> F3 to make it continue searching for other STM3 entries and delete them.
> Eventually it will get to the end of the Registry, and you just close it.
> Done! Reboot, check what your printers are doing without the leftovers, and
> then reinstall your latest version of STM3. It is quite likely that the
> earlier version of STM left behind bits that are upsetting the latest
> version. If the earlier version was STM2, you should delete bits of that
> that you see; they will be listed alongside the STM3 and printers in the
> Registry sections.
>

> If this doesnt work; we'll have to think again.
>
> Bob Frost.

=====
Visit my digital photography web site along with a lot of other interesting stuff at http://www.mikegreer.com. Also, Greer and Associates (http://www.greeraa.com) offers studio photography, digital imaging services, web site design/construction, and training.

Mike Greer