RE: Status Monitor Locking Me Out!

--- Seth Rossman <seth@msrphoto.com> wrote:
> Michael-
>
> After you uninstalled the Monitor did you go to the Registry and delete
> it there before re-installing?

No. The registry is not something that I like to monkey with.

> What I would do is TOTALLY delete the driver and monitor, remove Epson
> from the registry in both places, then re-install the latest of each.
> Remember, the Monitor should be installed AFTER the driver.

Yep, the driver is installed before the monitor. But another interesting thing
is that Epson claims the monitor is embedded in the 2000P's driver. But when I
install it, the monitor is not installed.

> Seth
>
> =Bob,
> =
> =I'm at a loss. I uninstalled the status montior and everything
> =works as I need it to work. But I don't know what my ink
> =levels are. I reinstalled the status monitor and I have my ink
> =levels back, but then I'm locked out again. All driver
> =settings look right. Plus, simply by uninstalling and
> =reinstalling the status monitor, the driver settings don't
> =change. So one would think that if I'm locked out with the
>
> -

=====
Visit my digital photography web site along with a lot of other interesting stuff at http://www.mikegreer.com. Also, Greer and Associates (http://www.greeraa.com) offers studio photography, digital imaging services, web site design/construction, and training.

Mike Greer