Search Epson Archive

Re: new printer

--- SKID Photography <skid@bway.net> wrote:
> Michael Greer wrote:
> >

> Michael,
> I would think that there are many reasons to look at the 2200 (and the rest
> of the new Epson printers) over the old ones beyond the Ultrachrome inks, and
> further, I can see the desire to use 3rd party inks with the new Epsons (once
> they have been developed for these machines).

I didn't assume that they would because I'm not sure of what the 2200 sales
volume will be. Sure, many of us on this list will get one. But we are not
typical. The masses are not going to gravitate toward a $700 photo only
printer. Therefore, how attractive will it be for 3rd parties to invest the
money to product inks with the 7th color? It probably will happen, but I don't
know when.

> The printer divers are much more sophisticated in the new machines, allowing
> for ink limits etc., and the variable droplet size is a big plus,

I could be wrong, but I thought Epson photo printers have been using variable
droplets for the last 2-3 years. I remember a long time ago when the EX was the
state of the art that one of the improvements to the new printers (1200 and
beyond) was the use of variable droplets.

> along with that 7th color (light gray).
>
> Harvey Ferdschneider
> partner, SKID Photography, NYC
>

> -
> -

=====
Visit my digital photography web site along with a lot of other interesting stuff at http://www.mikegreer.com. Also, Greer and Associates (http://www.greeraa.com) offers studio photography, digital imaging services, web site design/construction, and training.

Mike Greer