Search Epson Archive

Re: Is InDesign doing something special?

Earlier I reported a problem with MacOS 9.1, a 740 printer and
text-only InDesign 2.0 single-page documents.

[ I filed some followups as well, but used the wrong "From" email
address...and this listserv doesn't seem to notify the sender if a
message is rejected. ]

The upper left corner of the document looks like it would from one of
many other applications (fuzzy), and the remainder looks better. If I
use InDesign to export to pdf, and then print the pdf from Acrobat,
the whole page looks better.

I reported this problem at the Adobe InDesign web forum and someone
followed up who had the same issue with an 880 printer. He or she
said to play with color management in InDesign. I really do mostly
black and white so am not really familiar with color management. But
by turning it off I do get consistent "like other applications"
output. I haven't found any setting that will make the whole page
look better--just most of it.

So I'm not sure if this is a bug in InDesign color management or in
the Epson driver.

BTW, this "better" output, upon examination with magnifying glass,
shows missing dots within the black, which therefore isn't really
black, but rather dark gray. But it's really good crisp output, even
on some papers that normally do not, using 1440 photo setting.
--
Gary