Search Epson Archive

Re: 2200 vs. 1280

There's more to it than just wasted ink.  People assume an individual cart
printer is more economical than a printer that uses a multi ink cartridge. But
it all depends on ink volume and cart cost. Just because the 2100/2200 huses
individual tanks doesn't mean it's going to be more economical to run. If the
carts cost $12 each, then a whole set will cost $79. A black and colored cart
for the 1270/80 will $45-$50. Will the ink ones saves by using individual tanks
make up for the increased price? I don't know. But we can't assume anything
until we know the tank costs, ink volumes, and ink consumption rate of the
2200.

--- Ursula Freer <art@UrsulaFreer.com> wrote:
> You may be saving the expense of buying two printers, but you'd be spending
> money on the wasted ink by changing from one set to another.
>
> Ursula
> > But if the 2200 prints b&w as good as the reviews claim, it could save
> > me the expense of buying two separate printers--a 1280 for color, and a
> > 3000 (or used 1160) with piezography drivers/inks for b&w.
> >
> > Dan
> >

> -

=====
Visit my digital photography web site along with a lot of other interesting stuff at http://www.mikegreer.com. Also, Greer and Associates (http://www.greeraa.com) offers studio photography, digital imaging services, web site design/construction, and training.

Mike Greer