Re: W2K RAMlimits

> Subject: RE: W2K RAM limits
>
> I suspected they would be pricey; but out of curiousity where
> does one look
> to find such chips listed and priced?  Are they generally readily
> available
> or are they a special order item?

just check out priceline.com, where you can get 1Gb sticks for around $360 and up, for  Tyan dual athlon mobo's for example.
so 3Gb would set you back around $1000, not so bad really, and it means you can work on those 550Mb medium format scans without endless disk  writes.
but... check that your board can handle them. most older ones can't, though many of this years can. Abit's newest can take up to 4Gb.
(Mac's stop at 1.5Gb, though hopefully the G5 will rectify this).

Does anyone know if using W2K Server with Photoshop is ok? any issues?

paul
-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]