Search Epson Archive

Re: New Epson Owner (C80) - Best Settings?

Marie,

No, no. The thread was about C80 printing on glossy paper. The reference to
matte is to the *media setting* in the driver not the paper. I said you get
better results using a matte paper setting when printing on glossy paper
because all four inks are used, CMY and K, instead of just CMY, which is
what you get if you use one of the glossy paper media choices, CMY only -
the black is weaker. However, when you print all four inks on glossy paper
(or semi-gloss or luster for that matter) the black ink is not fully
compatible in that it sits on the surface and mars easily. To use all four
C80 inks on glossy paper you would need to spray a glossy over spray which
is unnecessary and highly undesirable when printing on matte paper. Black
ink does not rub off of matte paper.

Wayne

Wayne Simpkins
The Univ of Memphis