Search Epson Archive

Re: 5500 Price Drops?

--- "Sam A. McCandless" <samcc@vom.com> wrote:

> But when I was trying to pursue
> Michael's line of reasoning, I think I learned that the 5500 also has
> some paper-handling advantages over the 7600, at least for the
> printing of sheets in some quantity. But I still expect its price to
> drop because it seems squeezed from below by the 2200 as well as from
> above by the 7600.

Sam, you bring up a point that I didn't even realize. One can buy a 7600 AND a
2200 for about the same price as a 5500!

The reason I'm asking about these issues if because I was thinking about
squeezing the trigger on a 5500. But it just doesn't make any financial sense.
I'd still consider it at $2000 or less. But not at $3500 with the 7600 at $3000.

=====
Visit my digital photography web site along with a lot of other interesting stuff at http://www.mikegreer.com. Also, Greer and Associates (http://www.greeraa.com) offers studio photography, digital imaging services, web site design/construction, and training.

Mike Greer