Re: Epson 3000 overhaul

On another list there was a 3000 for sale that sounded pretty unused. Then I
checked eBay and the price on the auction for one sounded pretty reasonable. It
may be time to consider a new machine or one that is for sale in good shape.
Donna

Ursula Freer wrote:

> As I am considering having an overhaul on my out of warranty Epson 3000
> printer. The Epson help desk gave me the only  authorized service center in
> New Mexico, located in Albuquerque, some distance away. I prefer not to have
> the printer shipped back and forth,
>
> They would not give me a  price unless I came in and had them check it out
> for $42. first. After several calls they finally came up with a figure of
> $643 for the overhaul. I was shocked as I had heard a price through Epson of
> $350.  Even though I prefer not to ship the printer because of  the problems
> that can occur internally with the 3000 (C.D. Tobie) I find $643
> unreasonable,
>
> So I called another Epson authorized repair center in Denver and was happy
> to hear the price for the overhaul is still $350.  Epson does not get
> involved in the repair of this printer anymore, they just recommend that you
> contact a service center directly.
>
> I hope this information may be helpful to someone.
>
> Ursula Freer
> http://ursulafreer.com
>
> -

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]