Search Epson Archive

Re: New Name - Photo Paper

>I might be really behind the times, but I just found out today that what
>was called Photo Paper is now called Glossy Photo Paper ((S041141). I
>hope it's the exact same thing, since yesterday I printed HALF of a
>little portfolio on the photo paper and need to finish!
>
>Barbara White

It's not the same paper, although it has the same part number as
Photo Paper. The Glossy Photo Paper has a different finish and, more
importantly, is less fade proof. It's the same paper used in the
Epson Greeting Card stock. Images I've printed on that paper using
dye based inks, have faded in a relatively short time (in ozone rich
climates - coastal Florida - the cyan vanishes in a couple of months
unless framed under glass).

The original Photo Paper has a more textured surface, which some
people have complained is un photographic. I've never minded it, and
have had good longevity with dye based inks on that stock.

william