Search Epson Archive

Re: Resolution and print quality

Bob,
For my taste <vbg> I always thought that part of the reason for going big was
not just being able to view from a distance (like billboards), but also to
reveal more when viewing up close.

And yes, that painting does break into 'blobs  and streaks' when viewed very
closely, but that is part of the joy of viewing it close up, as well.  Go to any
museum and watch people (not just critics) view paintings, they view them at
several distances.....And I maintain that the same should be true for photos,
including those printed on inkjet machinery.  But again, my opinion, no more
valid than anybody else's.  :-)

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC