Search Epson Archive

Re: 6x6 color neg film compatiable with Kodak pro scanning

In a message dated 6/2/02 5:59:24 AM, michael.barnes@ucop.edu writes:

<< If I'm going to use 6x6 negative film, scan it with a Kodak pro scan, and
print it on my epson inkjet, what's a good film to use?  Most shots will be
outdoors.   I know nothing about 6x6 color negative film.  >>

I would suggest Kodak Portra 160NC or 400NC.  The lower contrast will ensure
that you record maximum detail from highlight to shadow.  Since your going
digital you can always add color saturation and control contrast before you
print, but at least you'll have the most data to start with.

Jon