Search Epson Archive

Re: OT: Digital Camera querry to use with Epson printers

Alan,
You will soon be overwhelmed with our personal choices - cognative
dissonance reighs.

I use the Nikon 885 @3+MP and like very much the combination of resolution,
weight and form factor. Its currently out of your budget, but I would
recommend stepping up to the 3MP range. I can get an acceptable 11x14 from
a full image and an outstanding 4x6 from a portion of an image. This latter
capability is great when you are shooting pictures of [quick] grandchildren.

Don't forget to include in your price calculations, extra rechargable
batteries, charger and possibly a faster download device than the camera
cable. The 2 batteries, charger and pc-card cost me an additional 100usd. I
recently was in Mexico. I took 3 128MB flashcards and my extra battery /
charger. In 3 weeks I took 600+ pictures and thanks to the law of large
numbers, wound up with quite a few ++good images. If I had taken my film
camera, I probably would have had 100+ pictures.

BTW, I found a camera store that could make a CD from my flashcards, thus I
could re-use them. Good luck in your quest,
Tom Sawyer