Re: alternative inks, and ink usage

Hi Phil & Marilu,
	I just ordred 2 sets of pads for my 1160 from National Parts Depot.
Margaret Jones <MJones@nationalparts.com> is very halpful and pleasant
to deal with. I sent the order via email, and she replied within hours
that the order was received, gave me an order number and let me know
that the pads would take about a week to get to them and that she would
then notify me when they were shipped from NPD to me.
	National Parts Depot's minimum order is $25, so I ordered TWO sets of
pads. I'm quoting my order here in case you need quantities, numbers,
etc:
	"8 each Epson ref# 743, Part# 1048802 Porous Pad FL each $0.50 Total
$4.00; 4 each Epson ref# 752, Part# 1048800 Porous Pad LG each $3.20
Total $12.80; 4 each Epson ref# 766, Part# 1048801 Porous Pad SM each
$2.20 Total $ 8.80."
	Above comes to $25.60 + with their shipping and tax, the total billed
to my CC was $35.83; for me shipped to New York City. Your total may
vary, of course depending upon where you are located. 	Personally, I
always try to get a service manual for any equipment before I tear into
it, and one is available also through them. FYI, the Epson part # for
the Service Manual for the 1160 is "TM-SC860/1160", and if I recall
correctly it cost around $21. You might be able to get one cheaper from
anothr source, but I have found Margaret Jones at NPD so helpful in
responding to my inquiries that I order from them exclusively. Hope this
is of help.
Joe D.

Phil & Marilu Morse wrote:

> Hello Larry,
>
> Here is the procedure I used yesterday to successfully reset my 1160.  I am
> sorry I cannot credit the orignal author or list where I found this as I had
> saved only the procedure body of the message.  My apologies and thanks to
> the original author for his concise work.
>
> 1. Turn the printer off using the power button on the panel of the
> printer.
> 2. Disconnect the interface cable at the back of the printer.
> 3. Hold down the 'LOAD/EJECT' and 'CLEANING' buttons simultaneously.
> 4. Turn the printer on. Release all buttons as soon as paper out light
> flashes.
> 5. Quickly press the 'LOAD/EJECT' button while paper out light is
> flashing.
> 6. Release the button and the printer will initialize.
> 7. Once initialization is complete, turn the printer off.
> 8. Reconnect the interface cable.
> 9. Turn the printer on and try to print a document.
>
> Now can anyone tell me where I can purchase 1160 waste ink pads?
>
> Phil

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]