Re: Epson 1680: USB or Firewire

<< Re: Epson 1680: USB or Firewire >>

I believe you will be governed by how fast the scanner-software combo
generates data, perhaps your hard drive speed (?), and not the connection.
In my test of an Epson 2450 with VueScan in OS 9 of an 175MB file, USB (1.1)
and Firewire times (Scan pass and output of file) were essentially the same.
I plan on testing in OS X-my impression is that Firewire is implemented much
better in OS X.  YMMV.  Please, let the experts chime in.

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]