Search Epson Archive

Re: Epson 1680: USB or Firewire

both Firewire, USB 2.0 AND SCSI are faster then any scanner can scan but not
USB 1.1
here are there speeds

USB 1.1 OHCI: up to 12 Mbps

USB 2.0 EHCI: up to 480 Mbps
FireWire (IEEE 1394) OHCI: up to 400 Mbps
SCSI IS UP TO 160 MByte/sec

All are screaming speeds and the soft ware has a lot to do with how fast one
will
scan and the different ways a scanner works. I have a Microtek scanmaker X12
SCSI AND USB BUT NEVER EVEN CONCIDERED  USING THE USB and for a scanner that
only cost $275 I can scan
a n 8x10 at 1200 dpi into my computer in just over a min.. Amd I only did
that to see how fast it was, at 300 DPI 20-25 seconds.

   Firewire and USB are the easyest to install, by far
good luck
Bill Boy