Search Epson Archive

Re: Epson spares [was 1270 not printing]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Frost" <bobfrost@btopenworld.com>

It might be worth
> others checking their cables for damage along the front edge.

This was the same problem I encountered late last year when my 1270 started
acting up, and then completely quit.  It cost me about $80 out the door, but
the parts (ribbon cable, lube) were only billed at $10 or so.  I hope it
takes a while to replace considering the $70 labor charge. ; ))

I think a strip of teflon tape would have been a little less abrasive than
the edge of that metal channel, grease or no grease.

James Hill
Freelance Photographer
Mebane, NC
jmhphoto@mindspring.com