Search Epson Archive

Re: 16 bit editing...

Robert and John,

I was just reviewing a days shoot and simply applying levels to this image when
I happened to notice the tremendous about of useable detail in the shadow area.
Having previously read this thread, I thought was it a good image to demonstrate
the differences, so I kept the manipulation as simple as possible.
(Adjust>Levels, Right slider to ~200, Center slider to ~64). I the image was for
publication, I would doubtlessly have done it differently.

John's workflow sounds very like my own. Good idea John about numbering the
saved curves, levels, etc. . I normally work in a set order, however, numbering
would remove any guess work, not that I would ever forget anything ;-).

Regards,

Mark K.