Re: PhotoPaint Printing Problem (Was: Re: Epson-Inkjet-Digest V2000 #1890)

Susan,

Carl is correct that the C80 generally does not work well with glossy (or
semi-glossy) paper, but it does with matte.

Several suggestions:

I have had good results with Ilford Smooth Pearl as a semi-gloss paper, and
with Ilford Smooth Gloss and Epson Professional Glossy as glossy papers.

Try them out, and once you have settled on a paper get a custom profile for
it - it will do wonders.

Absent a custom profile, make adjustments in the Epson driver settings for
color and contrast, rather than in PhotoPaint's once the image looks good in
PhotoPaint.

And finally, have you calibrated your monitor?

Maris