RE: Color gamut of CRT vs LCD Monitors

It appears that the main difference in gamut is that a CRT has more
saturated blues. Of course, if the primary purpose is proofing prints, then
it doesn't matter, since you'll never get blues like that on a piece of
paper anyway.

The main thing (besides the price) that would steer me away from the Cinema
is the resolution: only 1600x1024. I'm pretty spoiled with my Nokia running
at 2048x1536. That's perhaps not so important for photo editing, but I also
use my computer for other things, like CAD, and love to have lots of stuff
on my screen at once.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco

> From: Julian Vrieslander
>
> Go to this page and follow the link to the PDF report:
>
> <http://www.apple.com/creative/resources/acd/>
>
> The report contains diagrams comparing the gamuts of the Apple Cinema
> Display, Sony Trinitron phosphors, and generic CMYK.

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]