Search Epson Archive

Re: Color gamut of CRT vs LCD Monitors

<PhotoRoy6@aol.com> wrote:

>Which type of color monitor has the best color gamut?

Go to this page and follow the link to the PDF report:

<http://www.apple.com/creative/resources/acd/>

The report contains diagrams comparing the gamuts of the Apple Cinema
Display, Sony Trinitron phosphors, and generic CMYK.

I don't know if this comparison is reflective of the differences between
other LCDs and CRTs.  But the Cinema Display is considered one of the best
LCDs.

We have the 17" Apple Studio Display (LCD) and a Sony GDM-F520 (CRT), both
calibrated with Spyder/OptiCAL.  To my eyes, both are suitable for critical
color work.

--
Julian Vrieslander <julianv@mindspring.com>