Re: Epson Secrets (Anybody Know???)

Pete,

Here are some previous posts on the subject.
==============================
From: "Robert Burke" <reburke@flash.net>

To: <epson-inkjet@leben.com>

Subject: Re: which printer?

Date: Monday, May 14, 2001 12:06 PM

Hej gang,

I'm the old guy with the books.

Epson service manuals are available through

National Parts Depot

31 Elkay Drive

Chester New York

10918.

<www.nationalparts.com>

They have a $25.00 minimum order policy and a shipping and handling charge
of $7.50.

They do not accept returns on manuals or any written literature.

I have 3 manuals, 3000, 1270 and Stylus color II

If there are questions regarding service matters for these machines I would
be happy to post some brief bits of information in response to specific
questions. I'm not a service guy but perhaps I can find some helpful
information in the books. I'll be off the list from May 21 through June 29
but I'll be here this week.

Bob Burke

To epson-inkjet@leben.com

>From Artmuvz@aol.com

Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:13:42 EDT

Subject Epson service manuals, pads, print heads, parts

Epson list,

I live in the same area as one of the few Epson parts dealers in the U.S.

Drove there to pick up an Epson 3000 service manual. Reasonably priced. Good

service when I ordered it. (Believe me, it was the best money I have paid in
a long time for a manual, interesting reading. About printer pads,how to
lube, etc.)

I checked them out twice before I decided to post information to the list.
My reason for posting, because various people have requested information on
the list regarding service manuals for Epson printers, printer pads, etc.

I own an Epson 3000, so was targeting in on that printer .(Also own an EX)
They carry most everything for the 3000, parts, manuals, pads print head,
porous pad, cap assembly, carriage assembly, paper tray etc.

They also carry lots of parts and manuals for other Epson printers.

He stated (Navine) that they don't carry parts for wide format Epson
printers (said that was Epson direct)

They also carry refurbed Epson printers, as available.

I also purchased a service manual for my other Epson.

They are in process of checking oil and grease generic for me, because the
Epson oil and grease lubricants are extremely expensive. I will let the list
know next week when I have the proper order numbers for lubricants. (Note: I
asked permission of Navine at V.B. before I posted about their company. They
said they would be glad to be of service to people needing manuals, parts,
refurbs.)

Company name: Vance Baldwin

1-800 4328542 ext 118 Navine

1-800 5521431 fax

7060 St. Rd. 84, #12

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33317

email: navinem@vancebaldwin.com

Suggestion: print out this information and save it.

HTH

Carol

artmuvz@aol.com

>From "Nij aoth44" <nigel@mwords.co.uk>

Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 12:08:07 +0100

Subject RE: all flashing - Parts Lists in the UK

I have had a similar experience with UniComp - the UK equivalent of National
Parts it seems.

They pointed me to the incredibly useful:

<www.epson.co.uk/spares>

which has the (presumably) same Parts manuals

And when I asked them about service manuals, they said that they were
on-line somewhere on the Epson sites, but that they were password protected
(but that one may be able to get a password direct from Epson, just by
asking nicely ;) So I will try that sometime soon.

nij

To epson-inkjet@leben.com

>From Joe Dolice <tech-man@erols.com>

Date Sun, 12 May 2002 09:09:33 -0400

Subject Re: Good Epson 1200 Info: maybe other printers as well

On my 1160 the pads that absorb the spent ink are in a tray on the bottom of
the printer. Instructions for removing them are in the service manual which
I was able to obtain (took two weeks) from National Parts Depot. Margaret
Jones <MJones@nationalparts.com>; and they sell the pads as well. I
understand that Service Manuals are also available from Vance Baldwin
www.vancebaldwin.com. Don't know what the situation about pad

replacement is in the 1200.

Joe D.

To <epson-inkjet@leben.com>

>From "Thomas B. Maugham" <tmaugham@yahoo.com>

Date Sun, 12 May 2002 11:21:23 -0400

Subject RE: Good Epson 1200 Info: maybe other printers as well

These is some good information available on the Epson UK site by going to
<http://www.epson.co.uk/spares/> and following the link to "Stylus Inkjet
Printers" under "Spares Guides". I followed the link to "Stylus Photo 1200"
and downloaded a 9 page PDF document containing a complete parts list and
exploded diagram of the 1200.

Tom Maugham

HTH
Bob Weston