Search Epson Archive

Re: Epson-Inkjet-Digest V2000 #1890

Another comment on this query from CJ:

My experience is similar to Carl's -- I have an Epson 870 and a 1280. In my
case, the 870 has no problem that I've noticed with staying powered on for
weeks at a time. But the 1280 was driving me crazy with black ink clogs as
long as I treated it the same way -- just leaving it powered on. Then I
read on a list (this one??) about people having exactly this trouble with
1280s, and learned the easy solution: power it off if it is not in use. I
had a hard time getting in the habit, and still occasionally walk into the
office and find it still powered up. That costs me a few cleaning cycles.
So gradually I'm learning, and now I rarely forget: I power down if I think
I won't use it in the next hour.

My conclusion is that it depends not only on the model, but on the
individual printer, though some models are more prone to clogs than others.

Don
don@porter.net