RE: Two-Monitor advantage? (was LCD Monitors)

I have found on my two monitor systems that it is easiest to keep the
desktop with the image on it on one monitor (the primary monitor) and the
tools and palettes on the other monitor (the secondary monitor) when working
in Photoshop. From a work flow point of view it simplifies things requiring
a mere turn of the head or eyes from one monitor to another in contrast to
having to remember keyboard shortcuts, take my hands off the mouse or
digital tablet pen to use the keyboard, or the like.

One needs to keep the image that is being worked on displayed on the primary
monitor one many - if not most - systems and the tools and palettes on the
secondary because it is usually the primary monitor that is the one that
serves as the basis for monitor calibration and color management with the
secondary monitor typically merely duplicating that of the primary monitor
whether or not they are identical.  Thus, the secondary monitor display
consequently may not be accurrate in terms of calibration and color
management profiles for that monitor - especially if it is not an identical
make, model, and age monitor as the primary one. The only item among the
tools that could be negatively effected by keeping it on the secondary
monitor is the color palette which might be off color if the secondary
monitor is not color corrected identically with the proimary monitor.

The only question I would have about using Rob Meier's suggestion is what
would one display on the secondary monitor that would require one to keep it
free of displaying the tools and palettes so as to require one to hide them.
I can think of only two major reasons for using his suggestion and a few
minor ones.

First, one is not working exclusively with a single program (e.g.,
Photoshop) but with a number of programs that are being kept open and in use
such that the desktop on the secondary monitor would be used to house and
display theses other open programs while keeping Photoshop open on the
primary monitor.

Second, one is keeping a display of the original image on the secondary
monitor (or possibly a soft proof) as a reference for correcting the working
image on the primary monitor in which case one would want to keep the
secondary monitor as free as possible of distracting tools and palettes.

Among the minor instances, the possibility that switching ones eyes from one
monitor to another monitor may somehow result in causing ones eyes to be
fooled and not remain in adjustment due to different brightnesses and
contrasts between the two monitors which could cause some distortion in the
recognition and seeing of differetn subtle shades, tones, and colors.