Search Epson Archive

Re: Okay, me & my 740

I did discover what the clattering was about. Can't remember who
suggested wiping the bar, but went to do that and discovered that one of
the little black round things that holds up the lid from resting on the
CIS ink-tubing had come off and fallen into the left corner. So when the
carriage hit the left, it hit the thing. I had a good, hysterical laugh
at how stupid it was not to check that, and probably wouldn't have seen
it if the flashlight hadn't been in my hand.

The magenta on the 740 is still partially plugged, although I've been
working on it for several days now. A couple things I have learned is
that the inexpensive diabetic syringe that comes with the needle
attached, is an easier thing to use to get Windex onto the sponge pad.
You can get 3 of them for 0.40.

Another thing is instead of the 3/32 tubing mentioned in the FAQs to put
over the heads to hold the Windex are these little hard-plastic medicine
dispensers for kids you'll find in Wal-Mart's pharmacy. They give them
away free. The hole at the bottom, as close as I can measure it, is just
about the same size, and one holds up to 5 ml. It will stand right there
over the head, and there's a soft bulb on the top that you remove to
pour in the Windex. You can carefully put the bulb back on to exert a
little gentle pressure.

I bought some Fantastik today, so maybe that will be more effective than
the Windex.

Best regards,
Marie