Search Epson Archive

Re: 1270 Cartriges be reset?

FWIW:  We reset the cartridges on our old 2000P and get double the print
output.  But  one has to then pay attention to the actual printing, as
eventually one of the colors will run out, without the printer realizing it.
And although you inevitably waste a print, it seems to be a good economic
tradeoff (since you get *double* the output), as long as you don't attempt
really big prints towards the end of the cartridge's life.

The procedure is very easy.  Here is the url  for a page that explains how to do
it.
http://medlem.spray.se/chipreset/

The only caveat is that the photo does not properly show the little white tab
that needs to be pushed down to release the ink carriage.  But if you juts look
at where the 'arrow' is, you can see a white piece of plastic that acts as a
'stop'.  One just has to depress it, and it stays out of the way.

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC