Re: color crossover in color negs, chemists advice needed.

At 10:34 AM 4/29/2002 -0500, Jerry Olson wrote:
>Anyone out there know what actually happens to color negatives during
>development which results in cyan-green shadows and magenta highlights on the
>prints or scans?  Every so often a client has one or two negatives that have
>this fault, and I have seen it when I was running a wet darkroom. It is
>nearly impossible to color correct in photoshop unless about an hour per
>image is spent on it.

I can't give you any "chemist's advice" but Color Mechanic Pro from Digital
Light and Color might make short work of correcting the colors in Photoshop.
http://www.dl-c.com/colormechanic/

John Roper

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]