RE: Calendar - and paper therefor

I have done this for a couple years now...  Last year I used RedRiver 43#
double sided semi-gloss.  It turned out pretty good (is write-able), but
after a couple months of hanging buy a single tack in the middle, the top
corners started to curl downward.  I have also used RR's 50# Glossy (Denali?
I think) that doesn't have a "photo" coating on the back side, but does
print text reasonalbly well.. This one didn't curl, but the OrageShift
worried me..  I don't experience it where i live (Mill Creek, WA) but I
don't know about my relatives throughout the country...

(Oh, BTW:  I use 8.5x11 paper print the picture on one side, a calendar on
the other and bind them together with plastic comb bindings.)  The first
year, I used 11x17 papger (RR Prem Glossy) for just a couple calnedars and
as long as you used a ball point or sharpie, the writing didn't run or rub
off..)

I also use Calendar Creator to print up the calendar pages (got it free with
my epson scanner or printer I think) and that way I can pre-print the
family's birthday's on the pages...

I will probably be looking for a new paper this year...  May go back to a
thicker Glossy/Matte type paper to reduce the chance of curling.

-Stephen.