Re: Colorvision support rocks but Spyder problems continue

>--- K2 Chittin <k2_chittin@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >  I'd appreciate comments from anyone
> > with a
> > recent Athlon based system who has managed to get the spyder working,
> >
> > together with specs of their own system.
> >
> > My system comprises:
> >
> > Asus A7A266-E motherboard with ALi chipset
> > Athlon XP 1700+ CPU
> > Leadtek Geforce 2 MX 400 twin view graphics card
> > Samsung Syncmaster 900NF monitor
> > Win2000 SP2
>
>I am planning to get a spyder to calibrate my new system, too. It seems
>that we have a pretty similar system so I wonder if I would run into
>the same problems as you did. My system is an:
>Asus A7M266-D AMD760MDX
>2x Athlon 1900+
>ATI 8500DV
>1GB ECC registered (kingston)
>IWill RAID, 2x 80GB Segate
>Sony 420GS (temporary solution)
>
>If anybody has experience with such a system, especially a dual
>processor system, I would appreciate your input.

Rob

Several list members have mentioned that they don't have problems with the
newer spyder and high speed Athlons.  They all seem to be operating Via
chipsets.  This supports Colorvision's claim that spyders with a serial
number greater than 312000 are lockup free.

My own system has an ALi chipset.  It's peak-traffic time in the US at the
moment so I can't quickly check the specs of your own motherboard.

FWIW, I tested two spyders (serial number 309xxx and 325xxx) on another
Athlon machine a couple of days ago.  It had an Asus A7A133 motherboard with
Athlon 850 MHz CPU and a GeForce2 MX graphics card.  No problems with either
spyder.

K2