dpi and ink consumption [sorry, i can't seem to turn off my HTML!]

i have a question about DPI, and i can't seem to find the answer online

i am making Heat Transfers for T shirts, using an Epson C80, and i was
getting severe banding at 720 DPI, and then i tried using 1440 DPI, and the
results were amazing

but.......

i was then told that using 1440 consumes so much ink, and these transfers are

already costing me a fortune to print, at 720 dpi

i asked someone else, and they told me that ""if you are using 720 dpi, you
will have less drops per inch, but the drops will be bigger.... if you are
using 1440 dpi, you will have more drops per inch, but the drops themselves
will be smaller, so it evens out"

does anyone know if using 1440 as opposed to 720, is really going to kill me
on the cost of ink carts? i don't want to die an inky death!

I was also told, that using the 1440 setting, will cause the T Shirt
Transfers to bleed, when they are washed, and this could be disastrous on a
white shirt, if it is true... any thoughs on this?

thanks!

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]